Thursday, October 1, 2009

Blogtoberfest Begins

It begins with a kiss and a thermometer. I try to rouse myself enough to know what is going on, check the clock (it is 5:35), and then drag myself out of bed. My dear husband has been up for at least a half hour, but it is now time for me to get up and moving. Several minutes later, I stagger downstairs and grab a glass of water to rehydrate my mouth. Sinking into a chair at the kitchen table, I try to wake up enough to converse with my husband. We read Proverbs 1 together and pray for our day, our taskings, and our children. Adrian then heads off to work, while I realize I am now too much awake to go back to bed. So I grab the laundry and start a load, unload the dishwasher and reload and run it, cook a meal for a friend, and eat breakfast. Now it is 8 am and I can feel like I accomplished something today! I might move slowly through the rest of the day because I am tired, but I will get to sit at my sewing machine during the kids' nap time and that will be good. How did it your day begin?
To join the Blogtoberfest, go here and check out badskirt.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can shorten your urls with AdFly and get cash for every visitor to your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete