Saturday, October 17, 2009

Selvage Bag

After making the little bag for my niece, I decided to try to make one for me out of selvages. It took me much longer than I expected, and it is much bigger than I was planning. (Yes, I know. I measured and should have know how it was going to turn out.) The bag is a great library bag and I have already used it for that purpose.
(Don't you love my 1970's wallpaper?!)


Here is detail of the main body of the bag and some of my favorite selvages.


Here is the detail of the strap. I decided I wouldn't be satisfied with the bag if I didn't use selvages on the straps. I think it looks great!


Have you ever worked with selvages? How did you do it?

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bag. It would be really cute as one of those small handbags as well. Idea for etsy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! I love the way you did the straps, it really does look great. I have made a few little things with selvedges, I'm hoarding the ones i have for a bigger project, just not too sure what that is yet....

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute!

    Never worked (or saved) selvages before. Gives great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete