Friday, October 16, 2009

The List is Amazing

It is amazing how many things I have on my sewing to do list! I have so many ideas that I want to do, so many unfinished projects that I started and haven't been motivated to finish, and so many tasks that just need doing. The last couple of days I have completed a few of these tasks.
Our laundry basket is a side by side cloth bag that is divided in the middle. About a year ago, one of the girls thought it would be fun to get into one side of the laundry basket. Instead, she fell onto the divider and ripped it about half way down. Looking at it, the fix seemed easy enough, but I had to wait until there were no clothes in it and then disassemble the frame (not that big of a deal, but my accuse anyway!). Finally this week, I sewed it up! Yeah, that one is off the list.
My husband has been asking me to make him a book mark for his Bible. It was really easy, but again, I had to find the stuff, wait, then hand sew. All of which I don't do well. But I couldn't put it off any longer, so I finished it up on Tuesday!
About a month or so ago, I bought the girls a Curious George duvet cover from the thrift store. It was made from the original "goes to the zoo" prints of flannel and was obviously hand made. The girls loved it and wanted to use it as a picnic blanket. I wanted to sew it closed so that they didn't hide trinkets in it. Finally yesterday I took the buttons off and sewed a zig zag stitch around the perimeter. The girls LOVE it! Another one down!
Three things off the list about 25 more to go! Am I patient and diligent enough to pursue this list without starting something else? I think not. Just look at these great airplanes! I have to make one, or two, or three. Who cares that I don't have any idea what I will use them for. They are too cute! And what about the wonky stars? I want to make those too. One day, I guess they can be added to the list, just not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment