Sunday, October 4, 2009

Woktober (ie cooking)

Stromboli. What is that you ask? It is basically a pizza rolled up into a loaf of bread. So Yummy! I made two of them, one for church pot luck and the other for my family. Unfortunately I never seem to remember take pictures of these kinds of fun things! I forget until about now when I want to share with you what I have made.
The basic recipe is to make a dough that you like for pizza (mine follows), when risen, roll it out thinly, top it with a chunky sauce, pepperoni (or whatever toppings you like), and cheese. Then roll it up from the long side and place seam side down on a baking sheet. Brush with an egg wash and bake for 40 - 60 minutes depending on how thick your loaf is.
Yummy!
My general recipe for pizza, calzone, and stromboli dough:
I like to use 1 package active dry yeast disolved in one cup of warm water, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt,1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp pepper, 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, and 3 cups of flour, proof yeast, mix all ingredients, and let rise 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment