Thursday, March 4, 2010

Saving with Coupons


I have always had a love/hate relationship with coupons. I love the idea of saving lots of money, but I hate that what I want to buy never seems to be available with coupons. Through the encouragement of friends and the need to save money on groceries, I have tried to followed Southern Savers for a while. I have also been collecting coupons for about a month. Saturday I tried my hand at couponing like they describe on Southern Savers, and I did what I thought was a great job! I got about $90 worth of groceries for $41. I saved more than I spent! Now as a caveat, I would not have paid full price for some of what I got. But what I bought, I paid less than I normally would have for the store brand at Walmart or Aldi. I don't think I bought anything I wouldn't normally buy except I bought more of some things than I would at one time before. (I usually buy that many canned greenbeans at one time!)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just know that once you do it, you're gonna be better than anyone! :-)

    And, the fun part is you get to shop at Publix. :-) At least, that's my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know that I am going to do it better than you or Meg, Liz. It is addicting, though. And I agree, Publix is a great place to shop!

    ReplyDelete