Monday, March 15, 2010

28th Cover Up Quilt Show Part 3

(Click on any of the pictures to see it much larger!)
Oh my goodness! I love Cathedral Window quilts! I was amazed to see two of these quilts at the show. They were absolutely beautiful.
I think the windows on this one were about 2 inches or so. I love the colors!


These windows are about 1.5 inches. I can't believe all the work involved and how many different pieces were needed.


I love the black background and the variegated thread used for the quilting. Also the bright colors are very attractive.


More stars. These are made with half square triangles.


I like the way these blocks were put together. Again I love the stars!


I am always interested in seeing red, white, and blue quilts in the hopes finding one that isn't too patriotic. This one is very interesting.


The greens in this one was really interesting. Looking at the picture now, I don't like it as much as at the show!


There was a wall of churn dash quilts. This one was the most interesting.


I like the light and dark value quilts. This one is really nice!

1 comment:

  1. I love the cathedral windows and would love to try making some of those! (Maybe not a whole big quilt, but something small like what you gave Mom.) I like the black quilt a lot, but can't believe you didn't take pictures (or did you?) of the other two I liked in that room! There was a mostly yellow quilt, that I just liked the colors of (I don't remember the pattern) and a quilt with houses on it (I guess wonky houses!).

    ReplyDelete