Tuesday, June 9, 2009

First Big Quilt

When I decide to do something, I usually go all out. Jump in with both feet. So when my oldest daughter (then 3) asked if I could make her a Cars (Pixar) quilt for her birthday, I decided I could make her one for her twin size bed. The quilt turned out to be so big that it covered the top of my queen size bed, though it didn't drape much. I used this pattern from my favorite website OhFrannson. I changed it to make a bit bigger blocks, and it turned out nicely.
I am not sure how to best photograph something so big, so this isn't the best picture, but you get the idea!


Here is one of my favorite blocks!


Here it is on my daughter's bed. You can see how much it drapes on the twin bed!


I have been really interested in Tonya's (from Lazy Gal Quilting) tutorials on making letters. With that in mind, I decided to put my daughter's name on the back of her quilt in the form of pieced block letters. The letters where improvisationally pieced. I am quite proud of it!
The first letter:


And the full name!

No comments:

Post a Comment