Monday, June 22, 2009

Baby Quilt Blanket

I seem to be surrounded by pregnant women these days. I guess it is just that my friends and I are at that age where we want children. I have started making what I call modified quilts or quilt blankets for a few of these little babies. Basically I just quilt a cheater fabric with a bamboo batting, then sew that wrong sides with some minky or furry fleece or other super soft backing. When that is finished, flip the quilt blanket right side out and topstitch all the way around (I have to be really careful on this part as it can look really bad). I made one for a friend in a red, white, and blue fabric that was backed with white minky dot. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of that one. Here is the quilt blanket I made for my sister who's little girl is due in August.




I LOVE this quilt! It is sooo soft and comfy that I almost wish I could keep it! I guess I have said that out loud because my sister offered to give it back when her little girl isn't so little any more. Isn't that sweet?! I couldn't do that to my sister or her sweet little girl.

1 comment: