When I got a little tired of all the "big" projects I have been working on, I decided to make a table runner for the top of my dresser in my bedroom. My hope is having something pretty on the dresser will help clutter not build up as I wouldn't want to cover up the pretty table runner. I have been holding on to my small stash of Katie Jump Rope fabric for something fun, and thought this was the perfect opportunity to use them. I just cut the fabric into strips of 1.5in, 2in, and 2.5in, then sewed them together randomly until the runner was long enough. It took more fabric than I thought it would because I am a bad judge of such things. The process of putting this together was almost therapeutic as my husband was sick and I was playing nurse.
For the back, I improvisationally pieced solid colors. The back took much longer than I expected! Improv isn't as easy as you would think! I started with big chunks of color, but when Adrian saw it, he said they looked like signal flags sewn together. So I started cutting them up and adding more colors in, but that took more thinking than I had wanted to put into it. Oh well, in the end, I think it turned well. Not quite what I want for my bedroom, but still nice.
I am married to a wonderful man and we have six children ages 10 and younger. I stay home with my kids and homeschool three of the children. It is a lot of work, but we love our busy home and all that God has given us!