Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cooking Once Again

At the end of December, I gathered all my groceries for cooking again. Based on the last post about my cooking, it had been just about a month and a half since I last cooked a bunch of meals. I still had quite a few in my freezer, but I wanted to boost my stock, so I did some research and made my lists. Shopping without kids, I was able to go to Aldi, Costco, and have a quick stop at Kroger in less than two hours! I went to Walmart the following day and start cooking Friday.

My list this time is similar to last time.
Twelve Boy Curry
Cranberry Chicken
Autumn Stew
Bacon Colby Lasagna
Tailgater Chili
Spaghetti
Pulled Pork Tacos
Tropical Black Bean Soup
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Split Pea Soup
Tomato Soup
Mini Meatloaves
Chicken Veggie Fajitas
Tamale Casserole
White Chicken Chili
Garlicky Pork Ribs
Slow Cooker Fall Pork Roast
Kalua Pig
Slow Cooker Casserole
Slow Cooker Meatloaf
Sausage with Sauce
Lentils and Sausage
Cilantro Beef

You will notice that a good number of the meals are Crock Pot meals. I am trying several new recipes. I love using my Crock Pot as it frees me up even more than the once a month cooking and it usually only dirties one pot!

Using some of these meals, the new ones have been very good. We have really enjoyed the Kalua Pig and have even made a second one! All of the meals seem to have frozen and thawed well. And I am freed up to do more cleaning, organizing, and sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment