Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Face Blankets for baby Paige

My sister is having a baby in August and really liked these loveys but thought they were too expensive to be able to buy them for her little one. I told her that if she bought the fabric, I would make them for her. She picked Alexander Henry's Juicy Jungle with pink Minkee Dot for the back and hot pink sateen binding. I was really nervous about these as it wasn't a gift that I made because I wanted to, but I was commissioned to make them. I was worried that they would not hold up to the standard of a bought and paid for blankie. After practicing 4 times, I thought I was ready to make the ones for baby Paige. I made three loveys approximately 15 inches square. I fussy cut the fabric to focus on different animals: the elephant, the hippo, and the tiger (my favorite).
Here are the results:






(Yes the pictures of the tiger loveys were taken at a different time and place than the other two.)




I love the pictures of two of the loveys folded up so beautifully!

These are the results of one of the projects I have been working on and was able to finish on Saturday. I finished two of them. They really don't take much time to make, but I was so nervous about them that I fussed over them for long than was necessary to make sure everything was perfect.

2 comments:

  1. I must say that you did an excellent job and they are just as good or better quality than the ones I have bought.

    ReplyDelete